1. To respond to internal and external enquiries in person, by telephone, by letter and by email.
2. To provide advice and guidance to customers as appropriate in relation to Streetscene and Leisure Services operations Barleylands Depot.
3. To prepare and maintain both manual and computerised records in response of customer reports and other systems used to support the operational services.
4. To administer and utilise the Council’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, in line with business and customer requirements.
5. To process invoices, deal with payments as and when required.
6. To raise invoices to organisations using Council facilities.
7. To maintain databases and spreadsheets as directed and to provide statistical information as required.
8. To process staffing returns, accident reports, and insurance claims.
9. To provide general clerical support, including maintenance of filing systems, word processing, and photocopying.
10. Undertake all the duties within the framework of Equal Opportunities.
11.Any other duties appropriate to the post: These other duties must be equivalent to or below the salary and status of the role and, where appropriate, under the Equality Act 2010, due consideration must be given to any employees with a “protected characteristic”.
12. You must cooperate in all matters relating to Health and Safety and implement all procedures for your job role. The identification of Health and Safety related risks within the working environment must be highlighted to your management.
- Proven experience of Microsoft Office applications eg. Word, Excel, Access and E-mail.
- Developed database and spreadsheet skills.
- Experience and knowledge of the workings and structure of a Local authority
- Excellent verbal communication skills, able to deal rationally, calmly and professionally with members of the public (both on the phone and face to face) even when distressed or difficult customer
- Experience of CRM systems
- Proven experience of general office administration
- Good letter-writing skills and attention to detail are essential
Salary £9.35 per hour