Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
The postholder will provide a welcoming, friendly and efficient service to all visitors at Kilbroney Park. The postholder will be expected to deal with caravan and tent bookings, and will also be involved in the upkeep, maintenance and provision of visitor services of Kilbroney Park, one of Newry, Mourne and District Council’s major amenities and visitor facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of the Park/Facility, including toilets and play areas, events space and tennis courts, litter picking, clearing of leaves and cleaning areas as required to ensure a high standard is maintained.
- Day to day responsibility for the computerised booking system and liaising with the District Development Department officials on bookings of facilities by various groups, including carrying out any necessary follow up actions regarding booking requirements.
- Respond and deal with all telephone/email enquiries and bookings for the caravan park and other facilities within the park.
- Cash handling duties and associated paperwork including receipt of payments, operation of cash system and the safe keeping and lodgement of such monies in accordance with Council procedures.
- Checking the safety of the Park and associated facilities prior to use by the public and, if required, recording details of checks carried out.
- Opening and closing the facilities as required, and attendance at the facilities at all times when required.
- Opening and closing of the Ross Monument.
- Carry out ranging duties as and when required.
- To enforce Council bye-laws and ensure good order is maintained at all times. Also to ensure that premises are secured.
- To report all defects and accidents to supervisor.
- Any other duties that contribute to the achievement and function of this post as identified by the Council.